diver.net

Re: Re: Crime is alive and well in Bonaire

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on June 22, 2006 at 09:31:03:

In Reply to: Re: Crime is alive and well in Bonaire posted by Cynde on June 22, 2006 at 07:46:51:

Yes, I had more time to write that post and add more detail. And I often change posts as new ideas occur to me....

So to get back to what I presume is your point, I did not lock the door, but then again, I don't here at home either. I've lived in LA for twenty years and never had a break in.

If I do chose to return to Bonaire, I will certainly know better. But we did follow all of the common sense rules we do at home.......we locked the doors and windows of our bungalow when we weren't there (and that included when we were out wind surfing in the bay or just going to lunch in the dining room), and we never left valuables in the car or left the car unlocked.

So next time, if there is a next time, I will lock our doors when we're INSIDE the bungalow.....

I fear that Bonaire is the proverbial frog in a kettle of slowly boiling water. Unless more proactive steps are taken in enforcement, education and prevention - Bonaire's citizens and tourists are suddenly going to find themselves living or vacationing in gated compounds with shards of broken glass topping 10ft. concrete walls.

I had hoped to get away from that. It's one of the reasons I stopped vacationing in Mexico.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to