diver.net

Re: Re: One last thought

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on June 22, 2006 at 11:27:29:

In Reply to: Re: One last thought posted by teamplayer on June 22, 2006 at 10:29:49:

To claim that I can pay adequate attention to a buddy while focusing on photography is a contradiction in terms. There are persuits in diving that are primarily solo persuits when taken seriously - photography and hunting can be two of those persuits.

If I had to wait for the "right buddy" to show up - where the definition of "buddy" actually meant all of the things that it is supposed to mean - I would still be sitting at the dock waiting and most of my 20 years of diving would have passed me by. Anyone that you dive with only once or twice, in reality, is not what I could consider a true "dive buddy" and in my experience can be a greater hazzard than a help.

Solo diving is alive and well. It is not appropriate in all circumastances and situations. It is definitely not for beginners. There are people who ride motorcycles to cruise with the crowd. There are others who just need a motorcycle to take them where they want to go.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to