diver.net

Re: Perspective

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on June 22, 2006 at 15:09:53:

In Reply to: Perspective posted by Elaine on June 22, 2006 at 10:54:20:

I agree with you about experience. There is no substitute for experience. Still experience can lead to complacency. People have a tendency to get into routines and stop thinking. This is a huge problem in my particular type of work. Make a mistake and there is huge equipment damages, make a big mistake, someone gets hurt or killed. There is just no room for mistakes. There is no difference with diving. Being able to think for one's self and be self aware of one's ability. Is very important I believe. Something that I thought was lacking in my training. I am one of those people who is self taught and I am constantly learning. Every time I hear of a diving accident. I research it and learn from it. I may modify my technique and/or my equipment due to what I learn. I would never make good DIR diver. I am just to independant and self reliant.

By the way I think most of us realize. That there is a huge history behind this thread ;-) One cannot judge this thread by the posts within, but by the countless previous posts.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to