diver.net

No, I'm defending recreational turf

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on June 22, 2006 at 17:23:27:

In Reply to: Clarity . . . maybe posted by Ken Kurtis on June 22, 2006 at 16:57:38:

The trip to Osborne was a wonderful experience. I consider being able to visit it a precious gift and I am thankful that the Sea Divers plan the itineraries that they do. Almost no one else does.
I am thankful that we had such great diving conditions on the site. I am thankful that those who did not feel comfortable making the dive stayed on the boat.

My Osborne experience was an excellent one. I got back on the boat and my first thought was "that was easy". All of a sudden there is a big to do "Oh my God, the Sea Divers went to OSBORNE" on the internet. I was prepared for the worst and to abort the dive at the first sign of any difficult conditions. Other than the surface current there were none. I swam to the anchor line without the granny line - as surface currents go it wasn't even a strong one. The only piece of special equipment that I found handy was a Jon line - I could have held my own on the treadmill but didn't want to spend the energy. The Jon line was most helpful to try and gain some space from other divers.

Osborne is a little gem in our backyard. I personally do like Farnsworth better but I'm glad that Osborne is there and I would do it again tomorrow.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to