diver.net

Re: diving and photographers- not related to recent posts

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on June 24, 2006 at 08:17:19:

In Reply to: diving and photographers- not related to recent posts posted by divinotter on June 23, 2006 at 18:16:27:

Some of us do it fairly cheaply. I got my little camera and housing on Ebay for under $500. Some are much less. Then there are people like Elaine Jobin, Dave Neishem, Chris Menjou etc. who are so good at it that any expense is justified. I don't necessarily post pictures to hear oohs and ahhs, althought it's appreciated. I want to show everyone what there is to see and get them in the mindset to go diving.
When I first began snorkeling and later diving at Marineland after it closed in 1987 I had the place all to myself most of the time. Now there are a couple dozen divers there each weekend who are thrilled at how enjoyable a beach dive can be when there are such varieties of marine life. If I have made one diver decide to check out any place I have posted a dive report about, I feel like I accomplished something good.
My housing's buttons tend to stick on deeper dives, so I haven't posted dive reports from my 150'+ dives. Yeah, that's the reason. )

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to