diver.net

DCS Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jesse on June 27, 2006 at 13:10:41:

I could use a little advice from some of the more experienced divers out there. I own a boat that I use primarily for diving wreck alley and other spots. Ideally I like to make four dives per trip, weather and other conditions permitting, but have managed to max out at three so far. Obviously the order of dives is from deepest to shallowest, specifically: Yukon, Ruby E, NOSC Tower, Ingraham St Bridge. So far, the most I've done (with my dive buddy, of course) is one dive on the Yukon (avg 23 min) and two on the Ruby E (avg25-30 min) in one day. I just wonder if I would be playing with fire if I try four-dive profile or if I should limit that number of dives to a max depth of 60ft or so. I've been diving for about 10 years now so I do have plenty of experience and I make sure to keep my surface intervals at a minimum of 1.5 hrs between dives. I think I'm being safe because I always use deco stops, hydrate, etc but I don't want to put myself or anyone else at risk because I'm a scuba junkie. Realizing that I'll probably get different opinions from different people, I welcome all input. Thanks in advance.

Jesse

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.