diver.net

Re: MHK's use of sock puppets to answer himself

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by S. Troy Bagwell on June 28, 2006 at 18:46:36:

In Reply to: MHK's use of sock puppets to answer himself posted by Chris on June 28, 2006 at 06:59:57:

Chris,

Without dragging this issue out, I know Michael and he does not need to use sockpuppets. He has no problem taking anyone head on, including his best of friends. I see that he has already addressed the issue, so I will move on to the point I am trying to make.

MHK raised some good issues for people to discuss and ponder. He did not point any fingers, say anyone was diving right or wrong, merely that given the circumstances surrounding that particular dive, the long trip, the depths involved, and the limited NDL bottom time on air, why would anyone not consider alternatives. He didn't say that if you wanted to do it on air and then do decompression on air that it was right or wrong or not your choice, but that it may not be the best choice to consider. I didn't see anywhere in MHK"s post where he pushed any style of diving, merely the thought of discussing the issue of the dive and alternatives to the way it may have been done. He also clearly did not attack Sea Divers nor anyone else.

I saw MHK's post on the other board that seemed to indicate that you had banned MHK from this board, and he was getting redirected to the Homeland Security site. Whether it is true or not, I don't care, I understand this is your board Chris, but why not leave it open for "everyone to express their opinions". In this instance MHK kept it civil and on point.

From my personal perspective, after doing many dives and meeting a lot of wonderful people diving, then experiencing and assisting in the rescue, recovery, rescuitation or attempted resuciattion of several divers that pushed the limits of either their training or their health, I began to question my own dive procedures and training. I to had quite a bit of experience when I was present and then participated in some very tragic events. It wakes you up! We all say it will never happen to me or anyone I know. The when it does, the proverbial ***t hits the fan and you begin to wonder. I understand and accept that different divers may feel they have the experience or number of dives under their belt to do a particular dive comfortably, but that doesn't necessarily mean it couldn't be done safer. This is where Michaels Bar Analogy really applies.

I'm done for now, but I'll be back!

Take care,

S. Troy Bagwell

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the