diver.net

Re: Why I love to dive

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David V on July 01, 2006 at 08:38:09:

In Reply to: Why I love to dive posted by kathryn on June 30, 2006 at 17:52:47:

I dive for a few reasons, the wonder of being on the same planet but a different world. Being in this world we must all play by different rules and must master our equipment to further enjoy the experience. After all, life got a lot better after I figured out neutral buoyancy.

I enjoy sharing moments with sea life, seal to eels, it’s all good! How cool was it when you swam into your first school of sardines and had them circle you ? How cool is it today? Ever peer over a rock and find a shrimp? And then look a little bit more and find his/her 2000 closest buddies as well? Stare down a garibaldi or get stared down by one? Black sea bass? Too many experiences to count, and you can recount them with friends and dive buddies for the rest of your life.

I work in a corporate environment where everything seems to be driven by deadlines. Got that done? Where are we on this project? We need this by tomorrow, can you get it done? Yada, yada, yada. Diving gives me a chance to shuffle off this corporate coil and slow down. To become one with nature again and just be…….

You meet others who share your love of the sea. So, you may meet a new friend that you may not have met if you had not put on that wetsuit.

Diving + Others = Friends

New math / old math, that’s gotta be a good thing.

I can’t speak for others but that little voice in my head sometimes takes on a French accent while checking out critters. We were all raised on Jacques Cousteau’s specials, and I owe him a big time galactic thank you for totally capturing my spirit and showing me beauty beyond description.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to