diver.net

July 3rd dive on the North Coast

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on July 04, 2006 at 20:49:26:

We had a NCD dive planned but seems everyone weasled out and only one other guy showed up. He's a good diver that I met a few months ago but we never got to dive because of conditions.
The dive was at South Fisk Mill cove and the tide was way down< to the point that it became treacherous to get out. I found this out first hane on this day. In fact we attempted to get out over the surf zone and got beat to death. I have been sick for the past 3 weeks with that nasty head cold/infection so I had no business attempting a spot like this on a day when it was less that optimal. After getting ejected from the ocean we decided to go somewhere better for a low tide so we wound up at Gerstle, yeah Ggod 'ol Gerstle, flat as a pancake and 40 foot vis. I also wanted to try on that new wetsuit. Can you guess how much weight it took. Remember we wwere having a contest to see what the total was going to be. Well I loaded up the weight belt I already wear with 4 more 5 pounders and it worked oput perfect. The suit very warm and very hard to move in. I will need to start working out again to be able to have the strength to move around in it. What do you expect for a 1/2 inch suit?

We had a wonderfull dive. I shot a red and a blue, which got grilled as soon as I got home.

Also: The North Coast Party will be the first weekend in August at Ocean Cove campground in Sonoma County Starting Friday and ending Sunday. This will be the only place you will see it posted right now so if you want to go you need to make plans.

Weight belt = 45 LBS!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.