diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Diving the North Atlantic, sort of…

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by divinotter on July 17, 2006 at 09:47:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Diving the North Atlantic, sort of… posted by Patrick on July 16, 2006 at 14:13:06:

Wow! great information , thanks. Now, I want to look those two ships up on the internet! You have a wonderful job- a diver's dream! I hope it's a good season and the weather cooperates for you. I had a similar experience with current and dive operators on the trip I made - The dive operator took us to the Dwayne after the Spiegal grove and told us it was at 60 feet - we had asked him to take us to the statue of Christ - but he said the conditions were poor there- we ended up holding one of the group onto the current line at the needed deco stop - she started panicking- since we found ourselves over 100 feet again and he had only given us a 45 minute surface interval - needless to say we were not happy.What I learned about that trip was to do my own research into a site before I dive it- and not to be afraid to stop or question the boat captain just because he's a local- I'm sure he would have made other arrangements if we had spoken up for ourselves ( all of us between 200 - 800 dives by the way and not one of us confronted him - the panicked diver had at least 600 dives - silly us)

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to