diver.net

Re: Some Photos from Cynde - last weekend at Catalina

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cynde on August 01, 2006 at 13:37:55:

In Reply to: Some Photos from Cynde - last weekend at Catalina posted by Elaine on August 01, 2006 at 13:03:41:

Thanks Elaine! I appreciate it.

We anchored just West of Little Gibralter. Vis was phenominal. Can anyone ID the kelpfish for me please? It was about 3 inches, more green/dark not red.

There were about 10 bat rays below the boat. The "holes" where they had been hovering and searching for food was all over the place. There were also about 15 lobsters that we found and counted. Fairly good sized lobster as well. Some were pretty much out in the open cruising along the bottom bewteen the kelp beds and the sea grass.

I didn't know that lobsters were so animated...and that it is possible to scare the snot out of one. This good size one (about a foot and a half) was cruising along the bottom. I was following trying to get in to take a pic...I thought he knew I was there, thus why he was moving so fast. Then, he looked up at me...and I swear, his eyes got as big as quarters and every spine, tentacle, went on end...I'm sure in his little mind he thought "holy snot, you are gonna eat me aren't you"...my husband and I both got a good laugh out of it when we got back on the boat. He said "you scared the snot out of that lobster"...poor thing!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to