diver.net

Diving (and Not Diving) in Central California

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clinton Bauder on August 07, 2006 at 12:08:33:

Nice diving this weekend. I was out with the usual suspects on the Escapade on Saturday and Point Lobos with John Heimann on Sunday. Saturday our first dive was at Strawberry Peak (right off of Point Pinos). It's been years since I'd been there and I had forgotten how pretty it is. Of course you need a really, really flat day to dive it and it's pretty darn surgy even then. The way the current changes from mild to insane within mere minutes is pretty wild too. For dive two I left the wide angle on the boat at Shale Island to help Mike look for subjects for his macro lens.

On Sunday John and I drove down to Limekiln State Park to go look for something new. We got as far as being geared up and trying to set a float to stage the camera when I chickened out. The beach there faces mostly South and there was a very long period South swell and it became pretty obvious that the camera was a bad idea. I suppose we could have gone diving there without it but what's the point in that? Besides, I have a rule in shore diving; If there's a greater than 50% chance I'm gonna have to do the Monastery crawl I'm going somewhere else.

Anyway John had Point Lobos reservations which is a darn nice plan B. Driving down Highway 1 on a beautiful day isn't such a bad thing either. :-)

http://www.baue.org/images/galleries/album55

Clinton

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to