diver.net

Re: They are necessary for me!

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on August 23, 2006 at 18:22:56:

In Reply to: They are necessary for me! posted by Elaine on August 23, 2006 at 16:58:57:

Elaine,

You wrote:

"You are the one that started putting down everything that isn't covered from your equipment manufacturers."

In the interest of an honest discussion based on facts for a change, would you care to let me know what are my "equipment manufacturers"? I'm an accountant for a living I don't manufacture scuba equipment.

The only thing I recommended against in this thread are pieces of gear that aren't necessary and/or attempt to solve skill deficiencies through the use of ill-advised and expensive gear choices.

BTW, I have no clue what your newest position means "I put weight on my feet to keep it off other parts of my body" I thought you used them because your camera puts your nose in some strange diving position. If your center is center, then using ankle weights will throw off the folcrum point, so which is it?

BTW, can you explain to me what you mean "older photogs use ankle weights"?? What benefit does an "older" photog get that seems to be lost on the rest of us??

Thanks

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.