diver.net

Re: What I see wrong with the post

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Kurtis on August 31, 2006 at 19:13:11:

In Reply to: What I see wrong with the post posted by Elaine on August 31, 2006 at 18:25:02:

"If you think toung in cheek sarcasm is politeness - you and I definitely live on two different planets. I don't see your post as being polite. I'm saying that to the owner of the shop."

FTR, this will be my last comment on this topic. I think we've pretty much beaten this to death. That being said . . .

First of all, yes, I do think that was polite, including the final comment. Don't you think the whole train thing is more polite than saying "You're too stupid to understand what I'm talking about?" (That's not what I was saying, but it is certainly the way others might have phrased it.)

Secondly, it wasn't sarcasm. Elaine, I laid out what I really thought was a cogent and clear explanation of what I thought. You responded with "I don't understand that." OK, no big deal. Maybe you really didn't undersatand what I was talking about. Maybe YOU were being flip with your comment.

But the bototm line was that after two posts, that was my way of saying that if you still don't understand what I'm talking about, you probably never will, so I've given it my best shot at explaining and I'm done. Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't read into these posts hidden meanings that aren't there.

- Ken

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.