diver.net

No, I'm a recreational popcorn eater

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on August 31, 2006 at 23:11:34:

In Reply to: How did you eat it? posted by ~eJ on August 31, 2006 at 22:58:11:

Orville Redenbacher's gourmet Popcorn. It comes in the pro consumer bag. I bought this fancy microwave so that I wouldn't have to pay as much attention to popping time. I set the microwave on "popcorn" and it does a beautiful job - unless, that is, there is a power outage or a fuse blows. I really believe that technology has a lot to offer, but I do know the basics about popcorn popping.

Anyway, hardly an unpopped kernel in the bag. Done to perfection. Nothing burnt. I'm on my third handful and I feel this really painful thing in back of my tooth. "Shoot, a gum failure, a piece of kernel stuck in my gums". Keeping a cool head I go for the dental floss. I can't get it out. Dang, this is hurting, I'd better hurry up and get it out before my commercial air time runs out. That is when I realize, it is a fractured tooth - uh oh.

Using my communication device, I contact the dentist who is out of town (on a dive vacation no doubt) until September 11. His back up emergency number referrs me to another number. I finally get hold of a dentist willing to squeeze me in in the morning........

Really, popcorn is dangerous.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.