Dive Location: Fog Wreck
Buddy(ies): Jeff and Sue Shaw
Time: 9:35
Bottom Time: 26 minutes
Max Depth: 108'
Vis: 30'+
Wave height: Large swells with a strong current
Temp at depth: 56F
Comments: Ross-O was kind enough to taxi us out for a couple of wreck dives today. We first hit the Fog wreck where we found a ripping surface current. Jeff helped Sue into her gear and I towed her to the anchor rode. As we began our descent we were suddenly in calm, serene water. Ross made a masterful anchoring job on both dives. We settled next to the wreck and began exploring. The Fog wreck was covered in Corynactus anemones as well as Metridiums, large Sheephead and Lingcod, a school of Blacksmith and a resident Wolfeel. As we began our ascent a large Sea Lion scooted along the sand in front of Sue.

Date: September 4, 2006
Dive Location: Radio Tower
Buddy(ies): Jeff Shaw
Time: 11:45
Bottom Time: 23 minutes
Max Depth: 113'
Vis: 8-10'
Wave height: Still large but the current was gone.
Comments: Sue sat out the next dive while Jeff and I found conditions had deteriorated as we got closer to shore. I found an Egg Yolk jelly on our way down with a couple of hitch hikers aboard. I missed the shot. Once again, Ross anchored within a few feet of the structure, a steel frame tower laying on its side. Jeff said there was a lot of red there. Corynactus anemones, scallops, red Gorgonian covered in Tritonia festiva nudibranchs and fishing nets dominated the scenery. We made this a short dive, played with Jeff's spool a bit and made it back to the slip around 1:00. It was a perfect way to spend a day off work.
We cruised by the Black Pearl on our way in. There is quite a bit of damage from the filming over the past two weeks. Disney will fix it up in no time.

Dive Location: Fog Wreck
Buddy(ies): Jeff and Sue Shaw
Time: 9:35
Bottom Time: 26 minutes
Max Depth: 108'
Vis: 30'+
Wave height: Large swells with a strong current
Comments: Ross-O was kind enough to taxi us out for a couple of wreck dives today. We first hit the Fog wreck where we found a ripping surface current. Jeff helped Sue into her gear and I towed her to the anchor rode. As we began our descent we were suddenly in calm, serene water. Ross made a masterful anchoring job on both dives. We settled next to the wreck and began exploring. The Fog wreck was covered in Corynactus anemones as well as Metridiums, large Sheephead and Lingcod, a school of Blacksmith and a resident Wolfeel. As we began our ascent a large Sea Lion scooted along the sand in front of Sue.

Date: September 4, 2006
Dive Location: Radio Tower
Buddy(ies): Jeff Shaw
Time: 11:45
Bottom Time: 23 minutes
Max Depth: 113'
Vis: 8-10'
Wave height: Still large but the current was gone.
Comments: Sue sat out the next dive while Jeff and I found conditions had deteriorated as we got closer to shore. I found an Egg Yolk jelly on our way down with a couple of hitch hikers aboard. I missed the shot. Once again, Ross anchored within a few feet of the structure, a steel frame tower laying on its side. Jeff said there was a lot of red there. Corynactus anemones, scallops, red Gorgonian covered in Tritonia festiva nudibranchs and fishing nets dominated the scenery. We made this a short dive, played with Jeff's spool a bit and made it back to the slip around 1:00. It was a perfect way to spend a day off work.
We cruised by the Black Pearl on our way in. There is quite a bit of damage from the filming over the past two weeks. Disney will fix it up in no time.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to