diver.net

Anacapa Today

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DougD on September 10, 2006 at 21:41:19:

I went out to Anacapa on the Sunfish today and had a great day of diving. I saw more species today on any single day of diving in a long time. Over the past couple of years I've done most of my diving at Catalina, San Clemente, or the beach, or rigs, and some of the more visted wrecks, and hadn't been to Anacapa for quite some time. It was really nice to see plenty of big Sheephead and Calico (saw a couple of big females that looked really dark, so I guess they are in the process of becoming males), but I also saw quite a few turbots, bat rays, the biggest giant kelp fish I've ever seen, a small torpedo ray, gobs of spanish shawls, an octopus, lobsters (and some really big molts), of course, and got buzzed by a bunch of sea lions (including a little baby one). While we were hanging out with the sea lions we suddenly saw a big cloud of something whitish in the water. All these huge calico came out of the cloud streaming the "something" out of thier gills. I was thinking what the hell, and then I realized the fish were going nuts and chowing down on sealion poop, AND we were SWIMMING THROUGH IT! YUCK! Oh well.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to