diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: My first hand account of the accident on Sunday.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by beachdiver on September 20, 2006 at 08:59:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: My first hand account of the accident on Sunday. posted by davej on September 20, 2006 at 08:21:05:

dave,- he may not have been able to dump his weights or inflate his BC. Remember this poor guy was horribly injured at the surface. We can only speculate. I agree with you if you're implying that not all DM's are adequetly trained for the responsibly. I think PADI for instance only requires a handful of dives to qualify for DM training.

With regard to the "right buddy" - I think that is part of any right thinking divers pre dive planning session. I adjust my dive to the experience of those I may be diving with. In other words, if I'm diving with students or other newcomers its more of a babysitting type deal. And thats fun too. I very much enjoy diving with newcomers as long as I know what to expect. Specifically that they're honest with me about their skill and comfort level, that they're open minded about learning and can keep their ego and pride from allowing them to have more fun.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to