diver.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tragic Accident

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on September 20, 2006 at 17:25:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tragic Accident posted by Elaine on September 20, 2006 at 16:45:45:

"I have always gotten much more out of the final official analysis sessions than I have ever gotten out of reading any post on the internet."

I've found it to be situation specific. Sometimes the official account offers a lot. Sometime a little. It really depends. Typically the "official" reports which have been most helpful have been from the dive community itself whether compiled under the auspices of a government agency or not. Not internet speculation, but responsible members of the dive community who have committed to comprehensive accident analysis.

"I am excited about the view that Ken said that the Coroners office is now taking in looking at the individual sequences of events that produce the final outcome. It is a very thorough methodology that is used in many other fields to study accidents and to learn the most from them that can be learned. It is not a methodology that involves finger pointing or any predetermined agenda whatsoever. "

I agree. I think it's great. To the extent that such is made available to the diving public in a timely manner it would be a great and welcome change.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to