diver.net

Re: I'm glad that I don't own a dive boat.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike T on September 21, 2006 at 13:57:48:

In Reply to: I'm glad that I don't own a dive boat. posted by mike on September 21, 2006 at 13:15:45:

I've only dived from the Great Escape one time. I meet Capt. Burke the same day. I found the boat and crew to be very professional and Tim a very knowledgable detail oriented captain. I'm with you on this. We may want to ignore the reality of things, but, Scuba Diving IS a dangerous sport. Even with a professional boat, crew, and Captain, great gear and indepth training, and years of experience sometimes shits happens! I wish the crew, Captain and DM the best because the process of a death investigation is just plain devastating. I didn't know this diver, but, he died doing what he loved. Was it tragic, yes. Was it tramatic for the family, crew and fellow divers, yes. But, what would have been more tragic would have been if this diver never explored, never knew the wonder of the other half of our world, and lived a life without taking a chance and died in his bed having never really lived.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to