diver.net

Amen!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on September 21, 2006 at 14:01:16:

In Reply to: I'm glad that I don't own a dive boat. posted by mike on September 21, 2006 at 13:15:45:

We live in a society where far too many people do not take responsibility for their actions or decisions. Blame is something no one wants to acknowledge or accept.

Harry Truman had the guts to say it best, "The Buck Stops Here". Should never have gotten to his level, for the buck often needs to stop being passed at the source.

We recently had a taste of this in getting the Whites Point permit. We were threatened with being disallowed to dive as a group if we did not get a permit and to get a permit we had to get a sponsor, insurance, waivers, etc. There is always a risk, especially when you're in an enviroment that is as foreign and unforgiving as being underwater. Now governemnt and lawyers want to "protect" us from ourselves. Just one more freedom being eroded.

As for me, I'm going diving and I'm going to accept the consequences of my own actions. My plan is to be safe and have fun - that's why I dive.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to