diver.net

Re: Re: Buddy Inspiration

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh.C on September 21, 2006 at 21:32:34:

In Reply to: Re: Buddy Inspiration posted by Frank O on September 19, 2006 at 09:28:43:

Well my hart goes out to the family of the lost diver this last Sunday this is a great loss for everyone. I did not meet or know this fellow but it still makes my insides ache really bad:(

But I really think a SOC or CCR Rebreather is a bad thing waiting to happen. I just had two good friends get there "C" cards on the Insperation CCR system and I'm really concerned about ther disition to do so. If I loose one or both of them on this stuppid mechine I will be super pissed!

There is no need for this type of rig! Not for photos not for film look at all Elains pictures this seys it all. The old school underwater film makers did'nt use rebreathers.

The only purpose I see in useing a rebreather is if you plan on blowing somthing up! and even then it is not needed.

My big question is what are these people really thinking when they go out and take a course for one of these things? I mean these two guy's are not the first to get hurt on this system and the word always goes out when these awful things happen! do they think that the system just got better the next day,month,year ECT.

Im sorry to everyone if I sound rash or ignorant but this is retarded!

I wonder if the company that makes these dumb ass machines are just scraching another line on the chalk board or are they taking action to get people better trained on how to use them or what?

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to