diver.net

Thank you Walt, and Eric, and GLACD, and Dolores Canizales.......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on September 23, 2006 at 22:39:32:

In Reply to: FANTASTIC DAY!!!! posted by Walt on September 23, 2006 at 21:54:33:

Thank you Walt for all of the time and effort that you put into making this happen. Sometime I would like to learn more of the process that you went through since you now know the ropes.

Thanks to Eric and the GLACD for their assistance through the permit process. I can't locate a web site for GLACD does one exist?

Thanks to Dolores Canizales, District Director from the office of Councilwoman Janice Hahn for recognizing our event with such a beautiful certificate.

Thanks to the Lifeguards - a definite presence.

Thanks to the Beaches and Harbor Department for issuing the permit.

Thanks to the trash guys who will have a little extra trash to pick up this week.

Thanks to everybody who showed up - some from as far away as Ventrua to participate in this event. The Pot Luck was fun and now that we have done it once, we know the ropes and can do an even better one next year - assuming Ross brings the Webber again.

I'm trying to think who I'm leaving out, I don't want to forget anyone in the trip report.

It was a very cool day.

PS: Weather Forcast from Dodie Meister - Dodie noted that the strands of white bacteria at the hydrothermal vents seemed "long". She said that over the years, they observed that "long" strands predicted a "wet winter". If this holds up - this is kind of like a local "ground hog day" - except instead of a rodent as a prognosticator - at Whites Point we have sulfer loving hydrothermal bacteria!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to