Re: Marine Thing Identification?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tleemay on September 24, 2006 at 22:01:38:

In Reply to: Marine Thing Identification? posted by Elaine on September 24, 2006 at 19:33:29:

My mother's husband, who has raced sailboats all over the US
and some other parts of the world, says it's a buoy
pole that should have an inflatable turning marker on it. He
says they are usually big yellow triangles and are used for
sailing races, sort of like a big inflatable pylon. The
inflatable triangle has a hole down the middle that slips over
the pipe. The radar deflector is supposed to be on top of the

To him it looks like the triangle was either ripped off
somehow or it was removed on purpose. He did say that these
bouys are usually removed the day the race ends, but sometines
they do get left. He said that by judging by the size of it,
it was probably used for a windsurfing competition.

Follow Ups:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.
Text Key: