diver.net

Re: Wanted: Alive!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy Saxon M.D. on September 28, 2006 at 21:44:04:

In Reply to: Wanted: Alive! posted by Andy Saxon M.D. on September 28, 2006 at 21:37:42:

Here is this year's "Wanted Poster". I want to take this opportunity to thank Chris Grossman for the photo and renew my offer to consider for next year's poster any pictures of really big bugs that are returned to the ocean. IF you can get a photo of a big one underwater with good perspective showing how large it is, I'd love to use one like that. Just email it to meany time at asaxon@mednet.ucla.edu.

Taking the suggestion of someone from this BB last year, I did go after the Hoop Net industry. I contacted Promar Nets, the large local manufacturer (Torrance) and sent a bunch of posters to Ben Hong there. Ben has promised to send out the posters to their local customers for display.

Also, someone suggested seeing about changing the Opening Day lobster contests to put the biggest ones back. Well, I took that to heart and I have gotten in touch with Dive N Surf, with Bobby Meistrel's blessing, to put back the biggest bugs. Christian von Stentzsch there seemed very supportive but I don't know if they will make it "official" this year. If not, we'll try again next year and see about some other contests. If you happen to be a customer at Dive N Surf and are in the store, tell them you support the idea - it all helps.

And if you want one of these posters, email me and I'll see how many I have left.

Have a fun and safe lobster season.

Andy S and the Moby Kate Divers

PDF format poster

Power Point format poster

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full