diver.net

Copy of letter to Sport Chalet Divers Store

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scuba Queen Steff on September 29, 2006 at 00:46:35:

Dear Sport Chalet,

While I do understand that some things are beyond your control when it comes to taking care of the customer, there are steps you can take to make sure the customer is not inconvenienced when things go the wrong way.

Take for example my experience from this evening. I needed to have three tanks filled for tomorrow night. I got off work, loaded up the tanks in my car and headed to my local Sport Chalet Divers Store in xxxxxxxxxx. It was a little after 6 o'clock when I arrived in the parking lot and trotted my first two tanks into the store.

No one was at the Dive Store counter so I left the two tanks and went back out to my car for my biggest tank the HP 120, the last of the three tanks I brought. I got back at the Scuba Store counter with the last tank just as the SCUBA guy came back from doing whatever he was doing. He saw that I was after air fills. Sorry he said, our compressor has been broken down all day.

OK I understand that things break and that wasn't in your control. But what would have been nice for divers dragging in their tanks a day or two before the busiest diving day in California would have been for Sports Chalet to put a sign in the front window saying something like SCUBA Compressor Is Broken or something like that. At least people like me wouldn't have had to hump all of my tanks to the back by the Scuba Store. If I was able to see the sign as I drove up in the window I would have kept going to the other shop I found to fill them.

After I had reloaded my tanks back into the car, I saw another guy park next to me with a lot of tanks in his truck bed. I told him not to waste his time and find another Sport Chalet or shop to have them filled at.

Thank you for listening. I think that a sign in the front window would be a very nice courtesy in situations like this.

Regards,
xxxxxxx xxxx

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to