diver.net

Re: Pathetic

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sigxbill on September 30, 2006 at 13:46:29:

In Reply to: Pathetic posted by seahunt on September 14, 2006 at 08:19:48:

Seahunt,

While I can appreciate where you are coming from, I don't think I have ever heard any dir folks not acknowlege that there are other ways to dive. Sure, they promote their gear configurations as being the best in terms of safey and efficiency.

As someone who tried both ways, MHK invites those who wish to to compare and contrast the safety and efficiency of other methods to dir. I have debated with him, and many other dir leaders, and with the exception of gi, they were all quite cordial and receptive ...

I am sorry to say your car comparison is flawed though. The fact is that, depending on what you want to do with your car, different cars are better suited for different tasks than others. The same could also be said for dive gear. Some cars are better suited for gas efficiency; others are more suited for power. Some gear is better suited for depth; other gear only works in the shallows ...

What I can appreciate about what dir is promoting is that the gear they promote works well for both types of diving. So my question for you is: If someone was in the market for new gear and could buy gear that was only good for one type of diving and the other was good for both, why wouldn't you buy the multi-purpose gear?

Bill

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.