|Search Called Osf For Missing Monterey Diver|
Posted by on October 08, 2006 at 20:05:48:|
In Reply to: Re: Diver Missing in Santa Cruz October 7, 2006 posted by Chuck Tribolet on October 08, 2006 at 20:03:04:
MONTEREY -- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for a 60-year-old scuba diver reported missing around noon Saturday, according to a Coast Guard dispatcher.
Earlier in the day the Coast Guard launched two helicopters and a motorboat to search the waters off Point Sur on the Monterey coastline, the dispatcher said.
In addition, divers searched the area for about four hours, according to the dispatcher.
The recreational dive group that included the now-missing man boarded the charter vessel, Cypress Sea, and took their first dive around 11 a.m. Saturday, according to U.S. Coast Guard Lt. Amy Marrs. They were in waters about four miles west of Point Sur, Marrs reported.
Marrs said the man probably entered the water shortly after 11 a.m. with about two hours of air with him when he left the vessel.
The Coast Guard received word at 12:10 p.m. that the man had not returned with his "dive buddy."
Divers aboard the charter boat searched for the man but were unable to find him.
Marrs said the man is "an experienced diver" and "was with a partner" when he entered the water.
The Coast Guard utilized two HH-65 helicopters from Air Station San Francisco and a 47-foot motor life boast from Coast Guard Station Monterey in the search, which was conducted over an area of approximately 100 square miles, according to Marrs.
|Optional Link URL:|
|Optional Link Title:|
|Optional Image URL:|
|Post Background Color:||White Black|
|Post Area Page Width:||Normal Full|
|You must type in the
scrambled text key to
This is required to
help prevent spam bots
from flooding this BBS.