diver.net

Amazing day on the Magician

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anastasia L on October 12, 2006 at 13:50:58:

Just want to give a shout out to Captain Jerry and his crew. A bunch of us went out to Catalina on the Magician yesterday - I think about 16 or 17 divers, most of whom knew each other. It was an absolutely amazing, unforgettable day. We had completely flat seas all day long, no wind, no current (except on one dive, and easy to stay away from), great weather, and 50 foot plus visibility at all three dive sites. We hit Blue Cavern, Sea Fan Grotto, and Bird Rock - great choices!

On the way home, we stopped to check out two blue whales for a little while. (Seriously - how cool is that?) Then Jerry motored us by where the Black Pearl (for Pirates 3) is docked in the San Pedro harbor, and back at our slip we were treated to a show by the resident bull sea lion.

I know the captain and crew aren't directly responsible for the amazing conditions and weather (at least, I don't THINK they have a direct line to Mother Nature, but after yesterday I wonder). But they took the best advantage of conditions, and gave us a really memorable day. Most of the passengers were trying to figure out ways we could start working Saturdays and just spend Wednesdays diving on the Magician!

So thanks guys!

Anastasia

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to