diver.net

Re: Re: La Paz & Club Cantamar Trip, 10/7 - 10/14: EXCELLENT!!

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Kevin on October 17, 2006 at 13:33:54:

In Reply to: Re: La Paz & Club Cantamar Trip, 10/7 - 10/14: EXCELLENT!! posted by Julie Maurer on October 17, 2006 at 12:22:40:

Hi Julie -

I hope you have a great time in La Paz!! Be sure to check Jim Lyle's posting on 9/30 for LOTS of great info (posted as JLyle). Here's the info you requested...

- Kev

--What type of wetsuit did you end up diving with? Thickness? Full or short suit? Hood?
A 3/2 shorty was plenty considering the water temperatures (84 – 86 F). I did end up using a full-length skin underneath the wetsuit just because I was starting to get kind of chafed from the wetsuit, especially under the arms.

--Did you encounter problems with the string-like jellyfish?
I only experienced a few minor little “what was that” stings here and there. Use a skin like I mention above and this will all but completely eliminate any jelly hazard. We only saw one jelly large enough to actually see…so there really wasn’t an issue with this.

--I heard that the mattresses on the bed were rock hard and that we should take an extra mattress to put on top of the bed. Did you find that true?
Yeah, the beds are kind of hard, but no one on our trip complained or had any trouble sleeping. It was actually really good for me because I tend to have lower back issues. I don’t think it’s worth lugging around an extra pad, but if you are sensitive to bed softness, that may be a “nice to have along” item.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to