diver.net

Re: Re: La Paz & Club Cantamar Trip, 10/7 - 10/14: EXCELLENT!!

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Kevin on October 17, 2006 at 20:33:18:

In Reply to: Re: La Paz & Club Cantamar Trip, 10/7 - 10/14: EXCELLENT!! posted by Jeff on October 16, 2006 at 04:42:33:

Jeff –

We went through a travel agent who originally had us booked on Aero California early in the year. That got really ugly (as you know) but our agent was really good about insulating us from all that. We ended up taking American Airlines into San Jose del Cabo, then taking a bus up to the resort. The airfare was somewhere around $480 and the bus transfer was $60 roundtrip. It was reasonable because at least it was a non-stop flight. All the flights into La Paz were coming up at least $800 and they all were two stops (Texas and either Mexico City or another Mexico stop).

One note about the bus ride…everyone kept telling us it was a 2 to 2-1/2 hour bus ride. BZZZZT….try 3-1/2. They did stop along the way for a cervezas & banos stop.

I’ve seen where Alaska Airlines is going to start flying into La Paz non-stop from LAX again in November (they stopped some time back). I’ve seen preliminary prices around $550…definitely the way to go in my book!

- Kev

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.