diver.net

E-bay item 330037015395 -Saga of Max Bottomtime's Personal Towel contd.

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on October 22, 2006 at 18:49:10:

The Continuing Saga of Max Bottomtimes Personal Towel

I spent today with Ross O. Phil, and Merry on the Orion. When we returned to the dock Phil (AKA Max Bottomtime) presented me with his personal towel that I purchased on e-bay. Jeff Shaw (eJ AKA evil Jeff) was not able to give me the towel in person because he is out of town. Jeff did crate the towel in an appropriate fashion and secured it with heavy duty tape in a hazmat bag (I'm going to have to leave him really good ebay feedback - no issues of a "dirty bomb" here).

Max Bottomtimes Personal Scuba Towel, Photo by Elaine Jobin Max Bottomtimes Personal Scuba Towel, Photo by Elaine Jobin

Parting with the towel was very sad for Phil - he said it had been his first beach towel and that he had used it for many many years. The fateful day that he left it in Jeff's car, Jeff had offered Phil a ride. Phil was wet and put the towel on the seat to protect Jeff''s car. When he got out, he simply forgot it. Before Phil could even get home - Jeff had listed the towel he had loved all of these years on e-bay..

Max Bottomtimes Personal Scuba Towel, Photo by Elaine Jobin

I assured Phil that it was only temporary. The towel needed to go on the Sea Diver trip next week and then would be returned to him. This cheered Phil up considerably.

After Phil left we immediately put the towel to work.

A neighboring boat owner wanted a shower and had forgotten his towel - so we lent it to him.

Ross O. took a dive at the dock to clean the bottomliner. He said the towel worked great for scrubbing off the stubborn barnicles.

Beth O. found it handy for cleaning the deck.

We dried it out when we were done for the day.

Hum, what will be the fate of the towel next weekend? Will Phil ever get his towel back? Will a check really go to the Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber? Stay tuned.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to