diver.net

Why I respect F&G

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on October 25, 2006 at 21:34:10:

In Reply to: Like serious posted by Elaine on October 25, 2006 at 21:15:01:

In all seriousness, these guys came on the GE, did their routine in front of about 30 people. When they uncovered a lobster bag that wasn't up to standards - they measured and counted in front of everybody. There was no question. They even let me photograph me doing it (the first year, they weren't too sure about me but the second time they didn't seem to mind so much).

In contrast - the CHP. I always respected CHP because of the TV show CHIPS. One day I learned. I was driving home from a day out with Ross. By myself. I got pulled over by a CHP. The guy claimed I was going 80 miles an hour. I had my new GPS. When I looked at it, my maximum speed was 74 - I had been passing a slow car coming out of Long Beach. I got a ticket, I know that the guy was lying - my GPS is pretty accurate. There is nothing that I can do about it. 74 is over the speed limit but the nit wit I was behind doesn't count.

I have since learned through observation that Long Beach is a speed trap. I have watched the CHP pull people over and make them drive until they are in Long Beach limits before they issue tickets. F&G - my observations of them are that they are pretty cool. The CHP's - they blew it - I don't tolerate people who lie.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to