diver.net

Re: Writing a paper about Women in Diving

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patrick on October 29, 2006 at 09:26:55:

In Reply to: Writing a paper about Women in Diving posted by Divinotter on October 28, 2006 at 13:52:00:

Otter,
It might be interesting to look at the sociological aspects of women and diving. I know six couples who met as divers, courted as divers, and as soon as the “I do’s” were uttered, the women’s gear went in the closet or on eBay and not only did they never dive again, they sought to curtail new hubby’s diving as well. There were no children involved at the time these female withdrawals from diving occurred.
But I also know a few couples where they both dive, but usually not together. Different UW interests, different UW styles.

Then there was the one couple where the husband was called “the pussy couch potato” by the wife who was an awesome diver and would dive nearly every weekend, in every condition. She was a skilled and competent diver by any measure. Unfortunately she’s serving 15-25 years for dispatching her husband with a pole spear (paralyzer tip) after he insisted that she stay home and make snacks for he and his buddies during some sporting event on TV. Ironically, I believe she had had reservations on the PEACE dive boat…
;)
We humans are funny folks.

Stay Wet.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the