diver.net

Picasso Vs. Elaine

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ~eJ on November 05, 2006 at 23:29:42:

It has been told that toward the end of the life of revered abstract expressionist artist Pablo Picasso, that he did not bother putting money in his checking account. Apparently people were not cashing his checks, er, checques.

The thing was that he had become such a national treasure that his actual signature was worth more than the check's value. Even if you are not an art geek like me, you might even recognize his mark. I know that I wouldn't cash it.

But he is gone and I don't have any of his checks.

However...

I have recently come into possession of a check written by a bonafied national SCUBA treasure. Well at least on this board. Our own Elaine actually made good on her ebay bid. She wrote out a check and rounded up! The thing was she made it out to me...

Heh...

Now what? If I just turn it over to the check to the chamber, some schmuck over there might see the real value and pocket themself.

So here is what I am gonna do, I am going to match her $$$ and send in my own check and keep hers. It is in my memento case along with $15 bux that I found on my very first OW dive. Plus there is the added joy in knowing that she won't be able to balance her checkbook with out grumbling "Confound that ~eJ".

I know that someone would nab it anyway. Have you been following the rubber market lately?

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to