diver.net

This isn't my worst hydro experince ever

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on November 26, 2006 at 17:55:33:

In Reply to: Re: I don't like steel tanks posted by Walt on November 26, 2006 at 17:32:10:

I drove about 120 miles round trip once to get some nitrox fills and decided to leave a tank for a hydro while I was there. When I got that hydro back the tank was rattling so I had to empty it and remove the valve to screw the screw in thing back on. When I turned the empty, freshly hydroed tank over to shake out the part that had fallen off, all this grainy stuff came falling out - I guess that the tank had been tumbled and they didn't clean it very well afterwards. If the part hadn't fallen off I would have used the tank for a long time not knowing that anything was wrong with it. As it was, it was just a few dives before I found out. The stuff I must have been breathing was awful.

After that experience - which was enough to give me "hydro phobia" I decided to try Sport Chalet. The last one I had done at Sport Chalet was fine. (I turn the tanks over and shake them out now when I get them back before I use them and the Sport Chalet tank was clean). I'm getting "hydro phobia" again though.

Tank service shouldn't be a string of bad experiences.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to