diver.net

Vet's 12/21

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lee on December 22, 2006 at 14:10:14:

Date: 12/21/06
Dive Location: Vet’s
Buddy(ies): Kevin (Also met up with Scott, Penny, Mark and Roger)
Time: 7:45 pm
Bottom Time: 1 hr 12 min
Max Depth: 95 feet
Vis: 15-20
Wave height: 1-2 ft
Temp at depth: 57F
Surface Temp: Mid 50’sF
Tide information: No Idea
Comments: GREAT DIVE

After all this time, I finally got to meet up with Scott and Penny. Also there were Kevin Lee, Mark and Roger. Talk about a great group of divers!

We talked for a bit and then buddied up. I was with Kevin while Roger, Penny and Scott were the second crew in the water. Later on Phil and Merry showed up and we met them at around 30 feet near the stairs while Kevin and I were taking shots.

The waves were small and making it out was a piece of cake. We finned out to the end of the pier and dropped down. On the way down the vis was pretty bad but as we started to make it to the bottom, it opened up nicely. Both Kevin and I were taking pictures so we slowly made our way to 90 feet looking for interesting specimens. As we made our way back up the canyon, we came upon Phil and Merry.

To be honest, the most interesting critters were from 35-20 feet slightly south of the stairs. When we came upon a patch of nudis, we hung out and stayed for a long time. Since both Kevin and I were diving 130’s, I was looking forward to a LONG dive. After 1 hour and 12 minutes we decided to head up. I still had about 1300 psi left but Kevin was down to 500-600 psi. After comparing our psi when we were leaving the beach Kevin told me I was a “Woman”. I know there is a joke in there somewhere but at this point I will just walk away and leave it alone…..lol

Below are some of the highlights.

I Personally Prefer Coke

Squid Eggs

Scorpion Fish

Octo In A Bottle

Yellow Tube Anenome

Target Shrimp

Roughback Sculpin

Octopus Out And About

Close Up

Dendronotus Frondosus

Need Help With This One….Any Comments