diver.net

Never trust the swell models

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on December 24, 2006 at 19:36:06:

There were rough seas predicted for today along the Palos Verdes peninsula. Ross and Beth-O, Elaine, Merry and I enjoyed an almost perfect day on the water today. The only swells we found were nearshore at Pt. Vicente, although Elaine and I had a great, if somewhat boring dive in the shallows there.
We began our day at Hawthorne Reef. The visibility on the bottom was at least fifteen feet. If I had set my camera correctly I could prove it. I shot 144 images today and nearly all were out of focus. The wide angle shots were OK, but I missed several nice nudibranch and worm shots. Elaine thought I was shooting close-ups of bare rocks. :)
Elaine and Ross saw a large Giant Sea bass several times. I found a rock. At least we had fun.
We then headed over to the pinnacles near Pt. Vicente Fishing Access. The vis here was very nice, about 20 feet. We didn't find much until I went a little deeper. I found two Hopkin's Rose nudis munching away. We stopped by Bill's Bait Barge in the outer harbor. The new residents have taken a liking to their new digs. They seem well fed.

I came home with a card full of bad pictures. Merry added to her shell collection. Elaine went home without her weight bag, but Ross and Beth will be having lobster for dinner tonight.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to