diver.net

SAD OUTCOME, RE: Dive Report Sunday, 01/07/07– Pale Riders –Redux

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy S on January 09, 2007 at 01:34:32:

In Reply to: Dive Report Sunday, 01/07/07– Pale Riders –Redux posted by Patrick on January 08, 2007 at 21:59:55:

Just to let you know the rest of the sad story.

When “Annie” came on board, we flew into emergency rescue mode. Pat took on the job of mouth to mouth and I did the chest compressions - the easy part given the anatomy of the situation. In spite of heroic efforts on Pat’s part, we were unable to revive her and she was pronounced on the scene. Although there no external signs of head trauma, Annie had a fixed and dilated pupil on the left side when Pat brought her on board so she’d already herniated before he found her. Maybe CNS DCS? Anyway, as Swami Pat said, body recoveries are always troubling even though they are “another step toward total enlightment” – indeed we were so traumatized we didn’t stop for salt and grease at George’s on Lincoln Blvd. on the way home.

There was a somewhat happier outcome for the shrimp that were living in Annie’s head. I added them to my aquarium although some of the small ones were immediately consumed by my resident blackeye goby (Rhinogobiops nicolsii).

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to