diver.net

The new Freedom II

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on January 13, 2007 at 21:29:52:

OK, It’s time for some more pure unadulterated spam so hang on.

I’ve come out with a new plate design I’m calling the Freedom II.
It’s considerably narrower than the original Freedom Plate and I’ve designed a STA that goes onto it so that the new Oxycheq Mach V high performance wing can be used.
This new plate will be more versatile than the original in that it will be able to use a specially made STA, or there is a bolted on a tank foot similar to the one that is currently welded onto the freedom plate, or, I have another option of a wedge shaped hunk of casted lead that not only adds weight but also doubles as a tank bracket/foot to hold the tank in a cradle much like the welded-on one does now.These two last options can be used with the old style signature series or razor wings where the tank can be cam banded directly through the plate with no STA. The weight I can cast from 4 to 6 lbs. so even though the new freedom II is lighter than the original, with the added plate weight a total of about 9 lbs. including the plate can be achieved.
This new model will be available in a small or large size.

If some of you don’t know about the new MachV wing, allow me to introduce it.
The Mach V is the newest hottest design in a single tank donut wing. It has 30 lbs. lift and fully inflated is only about 12-13 inches wide. It is extremely narrow and streamlined. No other brand can come remotely close The center channel between the air chambers is only as wide as piece of webbing. It has no cam band slots so it must be used with a STA because it only has 11” grommeted holes. That is why I developed the new freedom II, to use with this incredible new wing. In the near future this wing will be available in a new super tough fabric that cannot be cut even with a utility knife! That’s right, there is a new material that absolutely cannot be cut. Patrick won’t tell me what the new fabric is, but it sounds like it would be the perfect thing for extremely high abuse environments such as aggressive lobster diving, in and out of caves, holes, dragging it under ledges, urchin spines, etc. It’s going to be called the extreme series and from what I’ve been told it ain’t gonna be cheap, but it’s nice!!

I’m planning some pool trials with the new mach V wing against some conventional bc’s such as transpacs, rangers, pro qd’s and the like. I think this new set up will smoke ‘em in efficiency and speed. I’ll let you know.

I’m also going back on the road with the demos. It’s Monterey on January 20th and Socal after that.
It would be great to get down there and meet up with some of you again.

If anybody wants to get involved or help organize a demo let me know.

End of spam,
Thank you.

Eric

“Surviving the North Coast!”!

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full