Buddy(ies): Angelique & John
Time: 9:08 pm.
Bottom Time: 53 min
Max Depth: 80 fsw
Vis: 10-15 feet
Wave height: 1-3 feet
Temp at depth: 57F
Surface Temp: 58F

I met up with Angelique and John around 8:30 pm and the conditions looked pretty good. The waves were small and the wind was calm.

The plan was to enter at the stairs near the pier check out the lush squid egg carpeting and then work our way back to the stairs near the main lot. Entry looked like a piece of cake but for the first time ever, I some how lost a grip on my fin and lost it. After franticly searching the shallows, John comes in from slightly out side of the surf zone with my fin in his hand. I owe him BIG TIME for that great catch.

We all kicked out to the end of the pier and down we went. As we worked our way out, we came across the biggest spider crab I have ever seen. It must have been 3 feet around. We hung around for a bit checking it out until Angelique bumped it and off it went (with Angelique flying in the opposite direction….lol).

There were no squid out tonight but the eggs are still there swaying wonderfully back and forth in the current. On the way out to about 70 feet where the eggs were there seemed to be a ton of Midshipmen hanging about three feet above the sand and as soon as we came up to them they would dart back down to the sand and bury themselves. It was quite comical.

Overall, we had a GREAT dive. There were a TON of critters out tonight.

Below are some highlights from the dive:

HUGE Spider Crab

Midshipman

Brown Shrimp

Target Shrimp

Cusk Eel

Squid Eggs

Tube Anemone

Rough Back Sculpin

Cusk Eel In Eggs

Tube Anemone In Eggs

Octo