diver.net

It was a dark and gloomy day. Marineland dive report.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Bottomtime on March 18, 2007 at 14:00:39:

The chill and drizzle in the air this morning felt more like June Gloom than Springtime in the park. There were no waves to speak of, except at the Point where Ted and Hayward had an adventurous entry. Merry and I swam from the cove to the Point and waited for the others to join us. Ted and Hayward took measurements of Ted's Pinnacle while Merry and I explored the reef. The visibility was only eight to ten feet, but the cold was the dominant feature today. Dive computers recorded temperatures between 52 and 55F, but I swear I saw a penguin swim by.
We found a couple of Treefish, several female Sheephead and the usual assortment of invertebrates. Merry added a few shells to her collection, including a clean Norris topsnail.
Today was my first beach dive with my strobe. I planned to experiment with different settings to get better images than I did last week. I didn't do much better today. I either need to learn about photography or take up golf. I did manage to save four pictures out of fifty.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to