diver.net

Re: Sorry, don't really pay much attention.......

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gosh, Yes on March 22, 2007 at 07:32:19:

In Reply to: Sorry, don't really pay much attention....... posted by msblucow on March 22, 2007 at 05:23:10:

Miss Blue Cow,

It must be nice to be so open to other opinions.

As for learning about the real Captain Ray, if you ever get the time, take a walk around the 22nd St. docks (where Ray hung out for some time) and ask his fellow captains and deckhands their take of the guy. You’ll find he wasn’t esteemed in any way – primarily for the attitude that was captured in pixels by the SM Bay hoop netters.

Personally, I’d like to sink all hoop netters, but that aside, Ray’s arrogant attempt to force those guys off a spot like he did is not only rude but dangerous as well. Chucking divers into the water as “place holders” is really bad form and probably something the USCG would frown upon. If I were a paying passenger on that trip, (having spent many years on dive boats) I would cross Sundiver off my dive boat list (and I have). Of course, these are all opinions, and just like a-holes, everybody has one.

Re approaching Ray face to face about his peccadilloes, I have. I’m afraid his massive ego makes him somewhat short sighted with regard to his weak points. And at this juncture trying to get Ray to change or even acknowledge he has a problem would be like trying to teach a pig to dance – It would piss-off the pig and be a waste of your time.

As for me, I’m not trying to change anybody’s mind. If you love Ray, that’s fine –you have my condolences, and my suggestion to keep a close eye on things that are important to you. But I would also gently suggest that before you so willingly jump up and throw yourself on to the smoldering Arntz pyre, you might want to pay some attention to the opinions of others who are wiser and more experienced than you or I.

Good diving

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.