diver.net

MHK, My Friend

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tm Burke Great Escape Charters on March 22, 2007 at 20:25:25:

MHK, AKA Michael Kane,

Is my friend. My very good friend. I know that a lot of people on this board do not agree with my opinion. That is ok, as far as I am concerned; my opinion is the only one that counts.
Let me tell you a little about Mike. He DMed for me and did a great job. He was the only person to give mouth to mouth to Rudy in the water. He jumped in my inflatable and continued to do this. As he did he would throw up as the diver did the same in his mouth.
I have never forgotten this act. I have taken shit for years about Mike and his approach to diving.
He and I even fought one night. Of course both of us had been drinking all night, and no one got hurt.
I called Mike yesterday, as I had not heard from him for a long time. Just figured he was out selling GUE. He called my back the next day, and I could hardly understand him.
Long story short. MHK is in the hospital fighting for his life with cancer. He should be on the back side of it but, he has contracted some sort of infection. I have been told this is very serious. Mike will know the outcome of this by next Friday. An eternity, Mike has already been in the hospital for 10 days.
Life is short, and no one knows what God with dish out to us.

Take care Mike,

Your friend,

Captain Tim Burke
Great Escape Charters Inc.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full