diver.net

Re: Re: Wow

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Nelson on March 23, 2007 at 20:05:04:

In Reply to: Re: Wow posted by JE on March 22, 2007 at 07:53:20:

While I am not a diver I have many friends that are. I grew up in Redondo and have many hours of seatime. Like all the posters here I was not there that day but I can tell you that the person who experienced the actions of the "captain" of the Sundiver that day is a very credable and honest guy. Given that and the well known rep of the captain in question I personally don't doubt what happened that day. Myself I don't mind sharing the water with anyone or any sport if they act with respect (both for people and the resource), courtesy and safety. I have not heard of many times when divers are left in the water by commercial dive operations. My thought is while the dive master is responsible for making sure every diver is accounted for I don't think I would go with a captain who doesn't double check against the manifest. For those who like Arntz and the Sundiver more power to ya! As for the posters at Allcoast who were talkin trash about divers most people at the site are very good people but there are always some dummies no matter where you go. Good day and good diving to you all.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to