diver.net

Lets all get along here

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg M on March 24, 2007 at 09:52:01:

Let's all get along here. This is the most contentious board I have ever seen! Worse than Yahoo stock boards for sure. MHK is a great technical source, and lets hope he pulls through so he can remain a great source of inspiration and instruction to those of us who want to follow that path of diving.

As to Ray Arntz, Captain Tim, Dave of the Pac Star, Greg of the bottom scratcher, Eric of the Peace, Arnold of the Cee Ray, and all the other salty dogs we get to dive with...lets count our blessings. These are great captains, there is hardly one of us who knows as much about the sea as these guys do. Are they perfect? Perhaps not. Do they do a great job for their customers. Heck yea.

I recently bought my own boat and man, what a learning experience. Dragging anchors, getting lost at night, $5,000.00 in repairs from fishing line in the prop ripping out my bottom drive seal!! The more I dive alone, the more I learn how much I don't know, and how much I took for granted on the dive boats. I miss getting my balls busted by the moose brothers and the crowded dinners during bug season, but I don't miss the shower shared with 32 people.

I remember once getting tweaked when the GE left Cortes in a big swell...well now I KNOW...we should have left, that Tim was doing the right thing for the safety of 32 people under his care and judgement. I also feel for Ray that two DM's almost ruined his reputation, and that he has probably lost considerable sleep, cash, and peace of mind from placing his trust in others to do their job. Ray is a treasure and really will pour his knowledge into your brain....if your brain can take it. I like his style...he is an American original plus his taste in cooks and deckhands is at time fantastic.

These guys are professionals. Their personalities are bigger than land so they have to go to sea to allow themselves room to breath. We should enjoy and embrace the characters they are, and relish in the chance to dive on their boats any chance we get. As to Ray's numbers...well, get your own boat and GPS, burn off a few tons of Diesel, and than you can give me your results.

As for the guy who tracked Rays comings and goings...can I see the log??

Get well MHK...we need that input you brought to the board. Better a contentious dialogue than no dialogue at all.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to