diver.net

Re: I looked at this again

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kerry Nelson on March 24, 2007 at 18:34:45:

In Reply to: I looked at this again posted by seahunt on March 24, 2007 at 07:14:47:

I agree with the gist of your post seahunt. Hooping is a max of 10 nets per boat. That would cover about the same area as a dive charter the size of the Sundiver or less. I think the problem was the apparent lack of courtesy. That certainly happens between any mix of fishermen, divers, hoopneters and even sailors. No matter who is on a spot first all others that follow have to deal with it - hopefully with respect and tact. Many people who approach a spot be it a reef, kelp patty or whatever and ask the first there if they can share that spot will get a polite nod and all are happy. If you come in with a bad attitude then be prepared to get the same in return. Personally I have had many good encounters with dive boats and fishing boats when done with respect. Certainly most people out there are the same way in my experience. But if I'm on a spot and someone comes charging in with tude then you will get no quarter from me - I don't care who you are or how you make your living. I won't let some idiot ruin my day.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to