diver.net

Attention Boat Owners II

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jesse on April 03, 2007 at 21:01:27:

Back on Feb 16th I posted a message entitled, “Attention Boat Owners,” and went on to describe my experiences dealing with Progressive Insurance. Well, it's been about a month and a half since that posting and the matter has finally been resolved. I finally received the check from the insurance company for repairs last Friday, March 30th. In all fairness to Progressive, they agreed to cover all the damages but it was an uphill battle all the way. I went through a total of four adjusters and a lot of back-and-forth wrangling before finally coming to the end of this affair. I've learned a lot from this experience and feel it necessary to pass on this warning to anyone else who might be insured by Progressive. If you're a boat owner, and especially if you're covered by Progressive, I suggest you read the postings from 16 Feb. You could save yourself a lot of pain. I went to my boat shop this past Saturday to confirm the work order and the manager told me there's yet another guy going through a similar situation with Progressive. As he put it, they aren't even giving him the time of day. I'm just glad to know I'll be getting my boat back and I can't wait to hit the kelp beds again.

Jesse

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.