Buddy(ies): Angelique
Time: 9:10 pm.
Bottom Time: 50 min
Max Depth: 93 fsw
Vis: 10-15 feet
Wave height: 1-2 feet
Temp at depth: 53F
Surface Temp: 62F

I met up with Angelique on Friday night at Vets. The wind was mellow and the waves were not a factor at all. Our plan was to leisurely go out to around 100 feet then and then circle back out of the canyon.

On the way out the visibility did not look too good but as we made it to the end of the pier, I could tell that it was going to be nice. When we dropped down, the visibility was a beautiful 10-15 feet.

As we made our way down the canyon we were taking an easy slow swim looking for the normal critters out this evening. We noticed a ton of baby rockfish everywhere. They all were hanging out right above the sand and were not afraid of us. The cool thing about these fish is that they have a silvery glow when you shine a light on them. Surprisingly, we came across a few squid egg clumps. I thought that they would all be gone at this point. As we reached around 75 feet, Angelique got spooked by a sea lion which I ended up never seeing. Oh well. We took our time coming out of the canyon and on the way back up the slope we ran into a few thornback rays and a lobster scurrying across our path.

Even though it was a pretty uneventful dive, there was a lot to see and we had a great time.

Here are some highlights from the dive.

Fringehead

Tube Anemone

Baby Something?

Baby Ocean Whitefish

Brown Shrimp

Roughback Sculpin

Hermit Crab

Squid Eggs

Pipefish

Midshipman

Spiny Sand Star