diver.net

Then the Mexican Government needs to get in step with what diving is about

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Elaine on April 09, 2007 at 16:28:15:

In Reply to: Re: I'm also not taking any photos in Cabo posted by Helene on April 09, 2007 at 16:08:44:

Then they would understand - I need a back up for my back up for my back up. If Mexico wants to be a player in the diving market - they need to get with the program.

The only place I have really felt comfortable since I've been here, by the way, are in the dive shops that I stopped in today. I stopped in two just to get away from the "chicka, chicka, chicka" (and I figured if anybody in the whole city knew where I could find some slide film - they would). You know what, the dive shop people treated me like I was human!

I can understand some of the problems of the local government with their tax collection issues. They do not have the ability to differentiate. The only thing that perked up the ears of the guy at customs was "OH, there are more people coming in with camera equipment to go on this trip". Who else is the government trying to collect grease from?

Cabo is used to the touristas that come here to drink and party. Anything that isn't "drink and party" they don't seem to understand. The most intelligent thing I have heard said by a local (not associated with a dive shop, who knew more words than "chicka, chicka, chicka) today was that the government seems to want Cabo San Lucas not to succeed - he feels the government holds them back. I think I have found out a little of what he means.

Follow Ups:

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Post Background Color: White     Black
Post Area Page Width: Normal   Full
You must type in the
scrambled text key to
the right.
This is required to